Utah CCW Reciprocity
By Mike Munnerlyn,
a Utah Concealed Weapons Permit Instructor
As of this date, this map represents the current status of all of the statesí standing relating to acceptance of the Utah concealed weapons permit. All of the 35 blue states either have a formal written reciprocity agreement with Utah, or otherwise accept the Utah CCW permit as valid in their state. Please be aware that the 4 yellow states only accept Utahís permit if the holder is a Utah resident. Itís also noteworthy that the states of AZ, VT, and AR donít require a concealed carry permit. Of the 16 red states that do not honor Utahís CCW permit, IL & DC donít even issue concealed carry permits, as this right is currently denied to their citizens. Please do not rely on this map for legal advice - see BCIís website at this link to verify the current status of all the states you may wish to carry in.
It continues to amaze me how many folks inquire about and attend our Utah Concealed Carry Permit classes from other states. There definitely continues to be a significant demand for the Utah Concealed Weapons Permit.
The main factors that make Utahís permit so popular with non-residents are:
- 34 other states honor and accept Utahís permit in their state.
- The small fee charged by the State of Utah to issue a permit - now only ($60.00) for residents, (65.25 for Non-residents).
- Only one 4-hour class is required to cover the state-mandated curriculum.
- No live-fire handgun qualification is currently required.
- As a result, Utah instructors are able to charge much less for their classes.
Visit our Utah Concealed Carry Permit website to register for an upcoming class.
I am currently retired from teaching. My son-in-law Rob Wilkinson, who used to teach with me, is now teaching on his own. Please call him at 801-671-6773.
Follow Us On Facebook