Mike's Recommended Reading
- The Modern Day Gunslinger - The Ultimate Handgun Training Manual, by Don Mann, U.S. Navy Seal. My 2 favorite chapters are: #4 - Living in a Battlefield, & #5 - Combat Mindset.
- The Art of Modern Gunfighting - The Pistol, by Scott Reitz, 30-yr veteran of LAPD & SWAT.
- More Guns Less Crime - Understanding Crime and Gun Control Laws, by John R. Lott, Jr., a PhD Economist at Yale Law School. Great scientific evidence showing the relationship between concealed firearm permits and violent crime.
- After You Shoot, by Alan Korwin. How to protect yourself legally (9-1-1 call, Cops, Attorney, etc...) after your involvement in a defensive shooting incident.
- Utah Gun Law/Pancho's Wisdom - with "Plain-Talk" Summaries (4th Edition), by Utah Attorney Mitch Vilos. Very well done, entertaining, & informative study of all Utah gun laws.
- Self-Defense Laws of All 50 States - with "Plain-Talk" Summaries, also by Utah Attorney Mitch Vilos. Provides a great "template" for all pertinent gun-related legal issues for every state. Simplifies the information you need to know to stay out of trouble. Also contains a detailed description of the Superdell Schanze brandishing case, which Mitch defended and won.
Several reviews of these fine books are available out on my website (article #16 & #17).
Mike Munnerlyn, Instructor
Utah Concealed Carry Permit, LLC
Salt Lake City, UT
I am currently retired from teaching. My son-in-law Rob Wilkinson, who used to teach with me, is now teaching on his own. Please call him at 801-671-6773.
** Not accepting registrations **
Follow Us On Facebook