.22 Mini Revolver by North American Arms
The following are the opinions of a SLC, Utah Concealed Weapons Permit Instructor.
This is the gun that I actually carry most often/daily because of its extreme convenience and simplicity. Is it an adequate “primary” carry self-defense weapon? Probably not… but it’s a heck of a lot better than having no firearm for self defense.
- Super small size & light weight makes it easy to carry & conceal anytime (ease of carry = likely to carry).
- The holster grip covers the trigger while in your pocket.
- Hammer sits in notch between cylinders so it is not directly over a loaded chamber.
- Holds 5 CCI hollow-point stingers.
- Manufactured locally in Provo, UT.
- No trigger guard – requires special attention to safety.
- Hard to hit target past about 10 ft.
- .22LR is not a typical “BG-stopping” caliber.
- Have to remove cylinder to load/unload.
- Special care needed to attach loaded cylinder and not point muzzle at any part of yourself.
As a backup weapon for concealed carry, this little guy definitely deserves some serious consideration; especially at a price of only apx. $250.
Utah Concealed Carry Permit Instructor
I am currently retired from teaching. My son-in-law Rob Wilkinson, who used to teach with me, is now teaching on his own. Please call him at 801-671-6773.
Follow Us On Facebook