Salt Lake Vicinity - Public Shooting Ranges
I get asked all the time about local shooting ranges. The list below contains the main ranges I use in a reasonable proximity to Salt Lake. I continue to mourn the loss of the Holladay Gun Range, due to mining and development encroachment a few years ago. Also, there are quite a few other good ranges in Utah County not listed below.
The 2 most convenient indoor ranges to my location are Get Some Guns, and Doug's. Both are excellent indoor ranges. My favorite outdoor range is the Hendriksen range, up Parley's Canyon. This range is great for pistol and rifle shooting. It has multiple long-range metal targets available; the farthest of which is over 800 yards away. There is even a 5-stand area that was new in 2011. My family and I also love traveling an hour West of S.L. Valley to our "special spot" where nobody else is around. We enjoy setting up metal plates out to even 1,000 yards to test our skills with long-range tactical rifles.
For those on the "gung-ho" side, you really should try participating in a 3-gun match. UDPL puts on excellent events that are lots of fun, and an excellent training and learning opportunity. 3-Gun, involves shooting with a pistol, AR-15, and tactical shotgun. For a brief preview, check out this short video clip
Here's the list:
- Get Some Guns & Ammo (in) - 6651 S. State in Murray - 801-562-1222
- Hendriksen - aka PMAA Range (out) - I-80 Exit 134 in Parley's Canyon - 801-582-6438
- Doug's Shoot 'N Sports (in) - 4926 S. Redwood Rd. in Taylorsville - 801-966-1802
- UDPL Range (out) formerly "The Farm" - So. of Fairfield, UT - 3-Gun Shoots
- Lee-Kay Center (out) - 6000 W. 2100 S. in SLC - 801-972-1326
- Impact Arms Range (in) - 4075 W. 4715 S. in Kearns - 801-967-8005
- Park City Gun Club - 4285 N., Forestdale Dr. in Park City - 435-333-4867
- Magna Gun Club (out) - 4006 S. 8400 W. in Magna - 801-250-9818
Mike Munnerlyn, Instructor
Utah Concealed Carry Permit
Salt Lake City, UT
I am currently retired from teaching. My son-in-law Rob Wilkinson, who used to teach with me, is now teaching on his own. Please call him at 801-671-6773.
Follow Us On Facebook